Tuesday, August 18, 2009

3 Months and Counting...

So Jonathan has been gone for 3 months. These past 3 months have seemed so long! It seems like he has been gone forever. I can't say I'm used to him being gone. I still have those days where I just can't stop thinking about how much I miss him. I know the loneliness will not go away, I just have to learn how to deal with it.

We found out that he gets to come home in January for 2 weeks! I cannot wait! I'm already planning my time off from work and planning a few surprises for Jonathan as well. Is it bad for me to wish 4 months away??

Pray for me over the next few weeks. I'm really trying to keep my head up everyday and keep a good attitude about the whole situation. It is soooooo hard, but I know I can do it.

3 comments:

  1. It has been a long 3 months. But I try to make myself think - this deployment is 1/4 of the way over.

    and don't let anyone tell you that it is bad to wish 4 months away. If they do - they have never walked in your shoes.

    We love you and are praying for you on this side of the deployment.

    You CAN do it. "with God all things are possible"... Hold on to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you that he gets to come home for two weeks in January! Praying for you! You strength that the Lord has given you is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Researchers at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have discovered that children who have one or more parents deployed abroad for long periods of time are more prone to mental health problems.
    http://www.dailyrx.com/news-article/mental-illness-impacts-military-children-too-14435.html

    ReplyDelete